These Garlic and Rosemary Croutons are an easy salad topping with a Mediterranean taste.Economical and healthier than the store-bought version, these fresh homemade croutons are a popular way to add some flavor and crispiness to a salad.
These easy garlic croutons are also perfect for making use out of old bread With few ingredients and it takes minutes to make.
Are croutons vegan? Well, yes if you use oil and no butter. The best way to be sure is of course to do them yourself.
In this recipe, I used Olive oil and sourdough bread.
- 4 slides of bread
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- some salt
- 3 branch of fresh rosemary you can use dry rosemary or thyme if you don't find it
- Gather the ingredients. Slice the bread.
- Scrub the garlic onto the bread.
- Then cut the bread into cubes.
- warm up the oil with the Rosemary in a pan at medium temperature for a couple of minutes to infuse the flavors.
- Then bring up the temperature to fry the bread cubes.
- Mix them up until all the sides become golden brown.
- Then take them quickly out of the pan and place them in a paper towel to help soak some excess oil. Et voilà!