This is a "how-to " prepare your pie shell ready to fill up with your favorite garniture.This technique is used for tartelettes as well as bigger pies.I like to use it for my raspberry tartelettes or my fresh berries pies.Bon appétit!
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅔ cups butter soft (at room temperature)
- Follow my Short pie crust recipe( link down below) and flatten the dough. Preheat the oven at 350°F or gas mark 4.
- cut out a circle larger than you mold.
- using a circle or a mold, place delicately the dough on top and model it to the form. Then you can cut the access with a knife directing it to the outside.
- Bake the dough for 10 min at 350°F or gas mark 4. Let them cool down and take them out of the mold. Then you can make them more regular with a micro file for example.
- Paint them with an egg wash to make them more golden and to resist moisture from the filing.
- bake them again for a couple of minutes until they get a nice golden color. Et voilà!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!