Roasted Tomatoes A la provençale
Baked tomatoes with a typical topping from the Provence. This means that you have to be a garlic lover for this one again.This is a perfect summer side dish for meat or fish. It is very simple, healthy, and delicious. What more to ask for? ..well, it is also affordable and convenient and will fit your Mediterranean diet.Bon appétit!
- 1 p tomatoes
- 1 slice dried bread
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Gather the ingrédients and preheat the Oven at 410°F or gas mark 6 ( 210°C).
- Prepare the tomato(es) by removing the green part, slicing it in the middle between the top and the bottom, and then coating the inside with some salt.
- Let the tomato(es) rest in a strainer to help remove some water while you continue.
- Then it is time to prepare the provençal topping. grate the bread or take some breadcrumbs, chop the parsley and press the garlic. Now mix it all together!
- Install the tomato(es) in the backing dish, the inside on top. place the topping and pour some oil on top of it. Pop it in the Oven at 410°F or gas mark 6 ( 210°C)
- let it roast for about 20 min or until the crumbs get golden.Et Voilà!
Here I had big OX-heart tomatoes, they looked pretty but were not the best choice. We normally would use smaller rounds once that are tastier.
Calories: 144kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 2gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gSodium: 2358mgPotassium: 319mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 4810IUVitamin C: 76mgCalcium: 80mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!