These little coconut cookies are one of the most popular treats for teatime in France, AKA "le gouter".
You can find them in any french supermarket but are also easy to bake at home.
Usually dipped in a glass of milk they are appreciated at all ages.
Coconut Butter Cookies
These little coconut cookies are one of the most popular treats for teatime in France, AKA "le gouter".You can find them in any french supermarket but are also easy to bake at home.Usually dipped in a glass of milk they are appreciated at all ages.Bon appétit!
- 150 g all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoon rasped coconut
- 1 pinch salt
- 60 g sugar
- 2 eggs yolks
- 125 g butter
- 0.25 cup milk
- Gather the ingrédients.Warm up the oven at 350°F or gas mark 4 (180°C).
- At first, mix the dry ingredients. Then add the butter and mix it in. Then add the egg yolks until you get a regular dough consistency.150 g all-purpose flour, 4 tablespoon rasped coconut, 1 pinch salt, 60 g sugar, 2 eggs yolks, 125 g butter
- Flatten the cookie dough at about 0,20 inches (0,5cm) and cut them in a 2 inches (5cm) circle.0.25 cup milk
- Add a wash of milk on top if you want them to golden nicely, some shredded coconut for decoration purposes, and pop them in the oven for about 12 min or until golden. Let them cool down and enjoy !Et Voilà!
you can freeze them before baking them, this way the keep they form better and you can have them ready to go in the oven.
Calories: 1009kcalCarbohydrates: 185gProtein: 27gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 410mgSodium: 217mgPotassium: 450mgFiber: 4gSugar: 70gVitamin A: 824IUCalcium: 282mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a comment