Chocolate Filled Madeleines
that is a delicious madeleine simply filled with chocolate paste (like Nutella or else).Bon appetit!
- 3 eggs
- 120 g sugar
- 30 g honey
- 60 g whole milk
- 200 g stick butter
- 200 g all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp backing powder 1 sachet
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 125 g Nutella or an other hazelnut cocoa spread
- Prepare your madeleine batter from the authentic Madeleine recipe. Preheat the oven to 450°F or Gas Mark 8. (230 °C ). Then fill up the molds 3/4 full, not more.
- Place the chocolate in the middle and push it a little bit but not too deep.
- Cook them following the classic méthode : Pop them in the very hot oven, there has to be a contrast in temperature between the batter and the oven so you can get the bump forming correctly. It goes very fast, look at them and when the bump appears, lower dawn the oven temperature to 300 °F or gas mark 2 ( 150°c). Let it finish baking until lightly golden, then let them cool down. Et voilà!
For this version a used the authentic madeleines recipe as a base and a slightly bigger mold form, but it is the same principle as the normal one. I did freeze the chocolate into small ice-balls to make it more convenient, but it works as well either way.
Calories: 3631kcalCarbohydrates: 381gProtein: 46gFat: 215gSaturated Fat: 71gPolyunsaturated Fat: 52gMonounsaturated Fat: 83gTrans Fat: 30gCholesterol: 497mgSodium: 1579mgPotassium: 1044mgFiber: 12gSugar: 217gVitamin A: 814IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 316mgIron: 18mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!