These Garlic and Rosemary Croutons are an easy salad topping with a Mediterranean taste.Economical and healthier than the store-bought version, these fresh homemade croutons are a popular way to add some flavor and crispiness to a salad.These easy garlic croutons are also perfect for making use out of old bread With few ingredients and it takes minutes to make.Are croutons vegan?Well , yes if you use oil and no butter. The best way to be sure is of course to do them yourself.In this recipe, I used Olive oil and sourdough bread.Bon apétit!
- 4 slides of bread
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- some salt
- 3 branch of fresh rosemary you can use dry rosemary or thyme if you don't find it
- Gather the ingredients. Slice the bread.
- Scrub the garlic onto the bread.
- Then cut the bread into cubes.
- warm up the oil with the Rosemary in a pan at medium temperature for a couple of minutes to infuse the flavors.
- Then bring up the temperature to fry the bread cubes.
- Mix them up until all the sides become golden brown.
- Then take them quickly out of the pan and place them in a paper towel to help soak some excess oil. Et voilà!
Calories: 160kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gSodium: 1mgPotassium: 3mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 2mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!