Blue Cheese Sauce
sauce-roquefortA simple Blue Cheese Sauce recipe to accompany your meat. Here I present it with a steak, but you could as well make it with a chicken breast or without meat for example. It is an easy recipe for a creamy sauce with a kick. Bon appétit!
- 2 steak
- 50 g butter
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 slices of blue cheese here i am using Roquefort
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Take the steak out of the fridge about 30 min before to get it a room temperature. Gather the ingredients. Prepare the side dish. Preheat the oven or bring it down to about 140°F (60°C)
- cook the steak to your taste. In France, most people would have it medium rare (saignant) or rare (bleu).
- Then put the steak on the side in a low warm oven. Keep the pan at medium heat. And pour the white wine into the pan to get all the cooking juice liquid.
- Add the cream and mix.
- And then scramble the bleu cheese in it and mix.
- get the sauce to slowly reduce.
- Et voilà! it is ready to serve.
Calories: 995kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 49gFat: 77gSaturated Fat: 42gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 304mgSodium: 214mgPotassium: 814mgSugar: 3gVitamin A: 1824IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 133mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a comment