cake sale / savory cake
This savory cake is a staple of the French picnic, but also of the aperitif dinatoire.Easy to make and affordable it can be adapted to many variations.Bon appétit!
cake salé batter
- 200 g flour
- 15 g backing powder
- 7 cl oil extra virgin olive oil or a neutral oil of your choice
- 125 ml milk
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- 100 g grated cheese
classic filling for cake salé
- 2 pinch herbs ( herbes de provences)
- 200 g bacon
- 150 g green olives
- Preheat the oven at 350°F or Gas mark 4 (180°c). Then fry the bacon cut in cubes, in the pan without added fat.
- Then mix all the dry ingredients ( flour, baking powder, herbs, salt, and pepper) together.
- mix the wet ingredients (eggs, milk, and oil) together. pour them into the dry ingredients until combined in a
- incorporate the cheese olive and bacon.
- Pour the batter into a mold (preferably long and high).
- bake for about 45 min at 350°F or Gas mark 4 (180°c). or until dry in the middle when you check with a tooth pic.
Calories: 442kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 9gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 450mgPotassium: 98mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 343IUCalcium: 134mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!