Palmier Cookies / puff pastry biscuits
The Palmier pastry is a crispy, fluffy, and caramelized cookie.Simple and airy they are a nice heart-shaped puff pastry for coffee or tea time as well as a children's snack.Here is an easy and fast version with already made puff pastry but it will be even better with a homemade one.
- 1 roll puff pastry
- 2 cup sugar
- Gather the ingredients.preheat the oven at 350°F or Gas mark 4 (180°C) .
- Unroll the sheet of puff pastry dough. Spread some sugar all over the surface and press it on with the rolling pin.(Don't press too hard)
- lightly Mark your middle, quarter, and eighth part by folding as shown in the pictures.
- you can now fold the sheet accounting for a space as the roll become thicker.fold the two ends at the same time so that they meet in the middle.(Don't roll them, fold them if you want the traditional shape and don't pres them , let them loose)
- Cut 1 cm thick slices, or about ½ inch.
- deep the slices in a bowl of sugar on both sides, and place them on parchment paper. You cat pool slightly the top of the "ears" outward to get the perfect shape.keep a large enough space between them so that they can spread themselves.
- pop them in the oven and let them bake for about 15 to 20 min at 350°F or Gas mark 4 (180°C) or until golden.
Calories: 1554kcalCarbohydrates: 400gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 6mgPotassium: 9mgFiber: 1gSugar: 399gVitamin A: 1IUCalcium: 4mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a comment