Creme Diplomate / Diplomat Cream
The French Diplomat cream or creme diplomate is a classic base of vanilla pastry cream (vanilla custard) mixed with a light whipped cream. It is also called Crème Madame.Creamier than Chantilly cream but lighter than pastry cream.It gives an elegant balance that pairs perfectly with delicate desserts.This diplomat cream recipe is by far my favorite version of pastry cream for berry pies or choux pastry.Bon apétit!you may also like: Fresh berry pie, Chantilly Cream
- 250 ml milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 egg yolks
- 75 g sugar
- 25 g cornstarch
- 2 gelatin slides
- 200 ml whipping cream chilled
- Gather the ingredients and place the gelatin in ice-cold water.
- mix the sugar and egg yolks together until they get a creamy foam with a lighter color.
- Add the corn starch and mix.
- bring the milk with the vanilla to a boil and pour it into the sugar eggs mix.
- Pour this mix back in the saucepan and let it cook until it gets a thick creamy consistency.
- take the gelatin out of the water and mix it in the cream.
- Film the cream with a plastic film and place it for 3 hours in the fridge.
- take it out and mix it in until it comes back to a creamier consistency.
- Wipe the cream.
- finally, mix them together in a slow and careful way. pour ⅓ of the whipped cream into the custard and mix it slowly, then pour another ⅓ of it in and fold them carefully into another and do the same with the rest. Et voilà!
Calories: 95kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 2gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 21mgPotassium: 62mgFiber: 1gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 154IUCalcium: 55mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!