The famous french grill sandwich, Croque Monsieur is an easy lunch to prepare.This is definitely to go in the comfort food category. It gives you a warm a cozy feeling.You can have it on the go or accompany by a salad.I give here an authentic french recipe, with the bechamel sauce, some prefer it without depending on the region. You can follow the bechamel recipe linked here.Bon appétit!
- 2 slices of soft bread
- 1 slice of ham
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 1 cup bechamel sauce follow the bechamel recepie
- 30 g All-purpose flour
- 30 g butter
- 50 cl milk
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- Gather the ingredients. If you prepare the béchamel from scratch start by that following the recipe. Then preheat the oven at 410°F Gas, Mark 6 (210°C).
- Slice the bread
- Spread some béchamel out on the top of the two slices of bread.
- Add some grated cheese on top of the béchamel on both slices.
- Add the ham to one of the slices, it will be the bottom one.
- Put the to slice on top of the ham, with the béchamel and grated cheese up.
- Bake it in the oven at 410°F Gas, Mark 6 (210°C) for about 10-15 min until grilled. The cheese should have melted and got a golden color but the bread should not be too brown. Et voilà!
Calories: 386kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 20gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 443mgPotassium: 194mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 697IUCalcium: 503mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!